Home

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Go Green

What Iam going to blog about today has nothing to do with the "Go Green" campaign. But I do support it and feel all of us should do our bit to save the planet. I have two sewing projects to share today, and coincidentally both are green in colour. Hence the title.

First one is an apron. The fabric used was bought far back. Really loved the print and bought it. We needed a new apron so dug the fabic out from my small stash and made this apron. Iam very pleased with how it looks.


I have recycled Pranav's old jeans to make the pockets. Also tried a little Applique work (done by hand).


The second one is a project bag. I very badly needed one and loved a project bag made by a friend in Ravelry. So this bag was sewn with that bag in mind. Just kept cutting pieces and pinning them together till it formed the shape that I wanted and sew it. Have used the same fabric for the lining. And I love how the bag turned out.





I have sewn two buttons together.



There is a small pocket inside for keeping scissors, measuring tape etc..



I did not have any readymade interfacing to make the base strong. So this is what I made with scrap fabric and stitched it to the base below the lining.


4 comments:

nima said...

wow...that bag looks awesome...very proffessionally finished...i love the fabric too..is it IKEA...i love the apple aplique on your apron.

saritha...iron on interfacing is available in all shops in madinat zayed..it is available in different thickness and texture...

Sanhita said...

Lovely projects!! Well done!!

Ru said...

Saritha these are lovely!! The apron with it's denim pocket is so cute...I love the applique'.
Your project bag is absolutely stunning...love the leafy pattern and the details..well done!!!

jaishree said...

Really lovely! I love your applique on the pockets. very creative